• Keep it Clean: All of those little things can spell one big burden on your parking lot. Whether it’s the tiny rocks that other cars bring in, broken glass from an accident, or leaves and other debris, you’ll find your asphalt ground down to a fine powder if you’re not careful. One of the best things you can do is sweep your parking lot on a regular basis or employ a contractor to handle it for you. Once those fragments get driven into the surface again and again, you’re going to start seeing cracks and problems.
• Water is Not Your Friend: A good Austin rainstorm here and there probably won’t hurt your parking lot, but if you have drainage issues, you’re going to start seeing problems with your asphalt surface. Water is nothing if not patient when it comes to the breakdown process, and the longer you let it sit on the surface of your parking lot, the more problems you’re going to find later. During your regular cleaning, take a look at any areas that may have become drainage issues. You may need to look at how to repair problems before they damage the entire parking lot.
• Look for Cracks: If you step on a crack in your asphalt parking lot, it may not break your mother’s back, but it could break your budget if you choose to ignore it. As soon as you notice the smallest crack, give your paving company a call. They can help with a quick patch that will ensure water and other contaminants can’t seep in and destroy the surface of your asphalt.
• Don’t Forget About Traffic Control: Not all parking lots were built for heavy commercial traffic, so take a close look at who might be headed through your parking lot regularly. Even a weekly visit from a heavy trash truck can do some serious damage, so you may want to contact your paving company to deal with any problems you start to see as time goes by.
• Seal it Up: The single best thing you can do to prevent an entire parking lot replacement is to have the surface sealed at least once every two years. The better the seal, the less likely you are to see ongoing problems. In fact, it could extend the life of your parking lot up to thirty years!
Asphalt paving in Austin is fairly common, and companies like http://www.bennettpavingtx.com handle big jobs like yours on a daily basis with good reason. Asphalt parking lots can seriously contribute to your curb appeal, but you’re not going to get there with a neglected lot. Take control and build a maintenance program you can be proud of. It could save you some time and money in the end.
Bennett Paving Inc.
23004 Windy Valley Road
Leander, TX 78641
Asphalt Double Yellow Line | Flickr – Photo Sharing! : taken from – http://www.flickr.com/photos/csessums/4602452599/Author: Christopher Sessums http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Leave Your Comments »